Wednesday, February 11, 2009

And in that cloud thou shalt behold My face

I came across this poem today, and found it to be a perfect compliment to my post some weeks back, about foggy days reminding me of God's presence. May this be a word of encouragement and hope to those of you who find yourself in a cloudy place today. He is there with you. Immanuel.

The Cloud
I thought the way upon the mountainside
Would lead to certain clearness; but my Guide
Whose thought was otherwise
Led to a cloud which blotted out the skies.

I feared to enter into that great cloud,
And fearing, cried aloud,
"O patient Guide, I fear;
Be not far from me now, with trouble near."

"Let not thy heart be troubled. Could I cease
To care for thee?
Can vapors cancel peace, My gift of peace?
O rest in Me.
I wait to meet thee in that cloudy place,
And in that cloud thou shalt behold My face."
~Amy Carmichael

1 comment:

  1. Your linked post, and Amy's poem both were wonderful. These are very healing thoughts for me, dear. Thank you for sharing them. :)

    ReplyDelete